Welcome to the Teacher Evaluation Playbook website!
How Has Hope Street Group Driven Change?
Delaware Secretary of Education Dr. Lilian Lowery talks about how Hope Street Group has been a catalyst in Delaware.
The Playbook is a tool to provide strategy suggestions for effective educator evaluation reform to state policymakers while giving administrators, union leaders, and teachers suggestions on how they can get involved. Please click here to see specific ideas for how to contribute.
Creating effective new teacher evaluations is just as much about engaging and working with individuals than planning and designing the mechanics of the new system. Evaluation reform should be about working with and engaging teachers. The right incentives need to be put into place to drive change and individual attitudes if a new system is to be successful. Systems can't change unless the people change too.
- Worked with teachers across 17 states to develop a comprehensive list of principles for teacher evaluation reform that influenced policy in states and inspired federal legislation. You can review the principles and report by clicking here.
- Assisted in the effort in Delaware to establish a working group of over 400 teachers to develop assessments across all grades and subjects.
- Contributed to the design of Race to the Top to incentivize evaluation reforms throughout the nation.
- Sponsors a network of Teacher Fellows throughout the nation who contribute to designing and promoting evaluation programs in their states.
- Convened a group of experts from states including Tennessee, Delaware, New York, Colorado, Washington, Maryland, and more in 2010 to explore many key aspects of evaluation reforms, such as ways to measure student growth and how to get teachers involved in the planning process.
About Hope Street Group
Hope Street Group is a national organization that works to ensure every American will have access to tools and options leading to economic opportunity and prosperity. We do this by developing and accelerating the adoption of innovative, effective platforms and policies that strengthen the top drivers of economic opportunity. Specifically, Hope Street Group works on social problems by aligning market forces for change through its network of successful business entrepreneurs, leading social practitioners and change agents. To learn more about Hope Street Group, please visit www.hopestreetgroup.org.